George Muñoz has served as a financial advisor to company executives as well as governments. He is a principal in Muñoz Investment Banking Group, LLC which is focused on private sector investments in Emerging Market Countries. His experience includes having served as the President and CEO of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) from 1997 – 2001. As President of OPIC, Mr. Muñoz oversaw an $18 billion portfolio of loans, guarantees and political risk insurance on private sector investments in the global emerging markets. He has taught MBA level courses on globalization and international business.
BUSINESS EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Mr. George Muñoz is a business attorney and CPA.
- Mr. George Muñoz is currently the President of Muñoz Investment Banking Group, LLC located in the Washington DC area. (www.munozgroup.net)
- He is a partner in the law firm of Tobin & Muñoz with offices in Washington D.C. and Chicago, Illinois (www.barristers.com).
- He was appointed by President Bill Clinton and confirmed by the U.S. Senate as President and CEO of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation in 1997.
- Mr. Muñoz also served as Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Secretary of the United States Treasury Department (1993-1997). AS Chief Financial Officer he worked closely with the U.S. Treasury Department’s budget and management, and he worked closely with Congress on matters concerning Treasury’s appropriation.
PROFESSIONAL and EDUCATIONAL credentials:
- JD; Harvard Law School (1978)
- MA, Public Policy; Kennedy School of Government (1978)
- Master of Laws in Taxation; DePaul University (1984)
- BA, Accounting; University of Texas at Austin (1974)
- Certified Public Accountant (Licensed in Texas, Illinois and Virginia)
- Attorney (Licensed in Washington, DC, Illinois, Texas and Virginia)
- Taught Georgetown University MBA courses on international business.
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Commissioner, Presidential Commission on White House Fellows
- Current Member of The Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Council (FASAC)
- Served as Member of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- Trustee, National Geographic Society (2003-Present)
- Served as President of the Chicago Board of Education
- Listed in Hispanic Business "TOP 100 INFLUENTIAL U.S. HISPANICS"